Notice of Race
2000 Access Dinghy USA National Championships
2000 Access Dinghy International Regatta
Organizing Athority: Shake-A-Leg Miami and Access Dinghy Sailing Association USA..
Dates of Races: November 9-12, 2000
Venue: Biscayne Bay, Miami, Florida
Sailing; the Access Dinghy Class Rules and these Sailing Instructions.
RULE CHANGES: The rules will be changed in
accordance with Rule 86.1(b) Rule Changes
- Rule 26 ˜Starting Systems will be deleted with the use of a starting system given in the sailing instructions.
- Rule 30 Starting Penaltis™ will be deleted.
- Rule 35 ˜Time Limit™ will be altered such that boats failing to finish within ten minutes after the first boat finishes or
within the time limit of 30 minutes, whichever is the later, will be scored ˜Did Not Finish™
- Rule 41 ˜Outside Assistance™ will be altered. The sailing instructions will authorize specific outside assistance.
- Rule 44.1 ˜Penalties for a breach of a part 2 rule and rule 44.2 ˜720 Turns Penalty will be altered so the penalty for a breach of a RRS part 2 rule will be a 360 degree turn including one tack and one gybe.
- Rule 61.1(a) ˜Informing the Protestee™ will be altered so that a protest flag need not be displayed and the hail ˜Protest™ is not required but should be made where possible.
- Rule 63.3(a) ˜Protest Hearing will be altered such that a representitive
at a protest hearing need not have been on
board at the time of the incident.
- Apendix A ˜Scoring is deleted Trial Apendix A. 1999 will apply with the Low Point scoring system or rule A1.2, altered so that each sailors regatta score will be the total of his race scores if 3 or less races are completed.
- Rule D5 ˜Breakdowns when boats are supplied by the
Organizing Authority will not apply. Rule D5.1 Displaying a red flag is altered such that a flag need not be displayed on a boat suffering a breakdown.
3. ADVERTISING: The championship is classified as a Category B event in accordance with rule 79 and rule G4.
- Competitors may be required to display sponsors logos in accordance with rule G4.2(a).
- CLASS: Access 2.3 Sailing Dinghies.
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY:
- The International Regatta is open to all competitors sailing Access 2.3 sailing dinghies.
- The USA National Championships is open to Members of US Sailing only.
- Based on the current availability of boats we anticipate 48 entries over three divisions. Registration is on a first- come, first-serve basis.
- Entry shall be made on the official form and posted to arrive by October 10, 2000.
5.3 Entrants shall register between 16:00 and 18:00 on Thursday Nov 9, 2000.
- FEES: The entry fee of $60 per team includes a race clinic, three days of racing, use of Ocean Kayaks, mementos
(including team pictures), all meals, and awards.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Each competitor must sign a Waiver of Liability to qualify entry.
8. RACING CLINIC: Thursday will be set aside for an all-day racing clinic.
9. DIVISIONS: Participants will be divided into three divisions or racers, based on past experience.
- SCHEDULE OF RACES: Each division will race two races per day, over three days
11. SCORING: The Low-Point Scoring System, Appendix A22 of the racing rules shall apply with a maximum of six
races scheduled of which four shall be completed to constitute a series.
- SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: The Sailing Instructions will be available at registration.
- COURSES: The Courses shall be described in the Sailing Instructions.
- ALTERNATIVE PENALTY: Reference Rule 44.2 as amended to read 360-degree turn penalty shall apply.
15. PRIZES: Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 in each Division, including Servo Assist and Doubles Division.
- REGISTRATION and ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Shake-A-Leg Miami, 2600 South Bayshore Drive, Miami,
Florida 33133. Phone 305-858-5550